All organizations face challenging situations from time-to-time that can be costly in terms of time, money and lost productivity. Frequently these situations can be resolved quickly and effectively with mediation, while avoiding costly litigation.
Mediation is a dynamic, structured, confidential process where all parties participate in communication with interactions managed by a neutral third party. Mediation can be required by contract, court order or entered into voluntarily by all parties to save time, costs and come to a better solution.
During mediation, Mettise uses a variety of techniques to guide the conversation in a constructive direction. The ultimate goal of mediation is to find common ground, re-frame issues and identify the source of the disagreement during contested situations allowing all parties to arrive at a mutually beneficial solution.
Situations that may benefit from mediation include:
- Employment issues such as harassment allegations and other workplace disputes
- Contract negotiations
- Strategic and joint partnership agreements
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Insurance settlement agreements
- Embezzlement and other instances of employment/partner misconduct
- Labor grievances that require mediation